Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Life Would Suck W/Out Kelly Clarkson


Being the only one who enjoyed 2007's  fuck you to Clive Davis, My December,  I was a little hesitant to see the return of "American Idol"  Kelly Clarkson. Thankfully, six seconds into All I Ever Wanted I was as pleased as anyone to hear that she "seems" to be making peace with who she is vs. who they want her to be. The first single  " My Life Would Suck Without You"  is already a radio staple and deservingly so. It's another soaring anthem in the tradition of "Walk Away" and  "Never Again". I hope "I Do Not Hook Up" is the next single. Written by Katy Perry and new American Idol judge Kara Dioguardi, it is the highlight of this record. It's a great song about an alcoholic boy with as much talent as he has tolerance for the sauce. "Whyyawannabringmedown" rocks more than the last three Social Distortion records combined. Even the ballads (never my Kelly preference) on this record ain't that bad.  More Ann Wilson than Diane Warren. A special mention to the i-Tunes exclusive "Can We Go Back". I love this song and it should be included on any re-issued versions of this album. Good job, Kelly.B+

No comments:

Post a Comment